Our ANT 6-3 LED hideaway strobe light can be installed in the headlight or taillight of an emergency vehicle or surface mounted. We have included installation tips for both types of install below. Since the proper installation of emergency vehicle lights is important to your safety, the safety of those in your community, and will allow you to maintain your warranty, we recommend the ANT 6-3 light is installed by an EVT.
ANT 6-3 LED Hideaway Light Taillight or Headlight Installation
- Step 1: Follow OEM instructions on how to remove the headlight or taillight reflector
- Step 2: Locate a flat surface at the bottom and cut a 1” diameter hole with a hole saw. De-burr hole thoroughly before proceeding with step 3.
- Step 3: Place ANT 6-3 into reflector housing and mark spot for mounting holes. Remove light and drill holes.
- Step 4: Insert hideaway light as close to focal point as possible
- Step 5: Screw in hideaway using the provided hardware.
- Step 6: Reinstall headlight and taillight assembly
- Step 7: Follow wiring instructions (listed below)
ANT 6-3 Hideaway LED Surface Mount Installation
- Step 1: Mount hideaway on surface of a vehicle with flange against vehicle
- Step 2: Mark drilling holes
- Step 3: Drill marked holes, and a .5 mm hole for wire passage
- Step 4: Secure hideaway to surface of vehicle with hardware
ANT 6-3 Hideaway Wiring Instructions
- Step 1: Connect red, yellow, and green wire to positive switching source and black wire to negative battery terminal or chassis ground.
- Step 2: Tap the blue wire to the 12-volt negative terminal to cycle through flash patterns
ANT 6-3 Synchronization Instructions
- Step 1: Follow step 1 and 1 above
- Step 2: Cycle through flash patterns until the steady burn flash pattern is selected
- Step 3: Connect the red, yellow, or green lights of more than one light together
- Step 4: Connect black wires of lights together
- Step 5: Connect black wires together
How to Alternate 6-3 LED Hideaway Lights
- Step 1: Follow steps 1 and 2 from wiring instructions
- Step 2: Designate one light a master and the other a slave. To do this, hold the blue wire to the ground wire (black) for at least 3 seconds. You will have designated one light a master/slave when all LEDs on the light activate.
ANT 6-3 LED Hideaway Light Troubleshooting Issue Tips
Almost all installation/wiring issues are caused by wiring or battery issues. If you have any problems installing this hideaway light, simply repeat the steps listed above. You can also contact customer service for more guidance with wiring or installation issues.