The integrity of your emergency light set-up and safety depend on the proper installation of this traffic advisor. To ensure your LED light is installed correctly and to maintain your factory warranty, we recommend you have the Hex Stick installed by an EVT. If you have any questions about the tips, wiring instructions, or installation guide below, please contact Extreme Tactical Dynamics.
Important Installation Guidelines
- Failure to follow the instructions properly can result in damage to the light or personal injury
- Light is made with high-density LEDs (do not stare directly into the lights)
- Ensure there are no obstructions before drilling mounting holes
- Do not install in an area that could interfere with air bag deployment
- Clean mounting area before beginning installation
Hex Stick Installation Instructions
- Place unit against surface
- Remove flat bracket and install the surface mount with included hardware
- Mark drill holes
- Drill mounting holes
- Drill 0.5” diameter hole (for wires)
- De-burr all holes
- Pass wires through 0.5” diameter hole
- Secure light head to surface
Hex Stick Wiring Instructions
It is important to only wire the Hex Stick as instructed.
- Red wire connects to a 12V switch post
- Extend black wire to the battery negative post or chassis ground.
- Connect yellow wire to a 12V source to choose a flash pattern
- Turn light on
- Connect brown wire to red wire
Hex Stick Troubleshooting Issues
The instructions below are easy to follow for those with a good understanding of vehicle electrical systems. If you are wiring or installing the light yourself and you have any issues, it is best to repeat the wiring or installation tips mentioned above. When repeating the steps, pay close attention to all wiring and battery connections. The majority of issues with installation and wiring can be traced back to improper wiring or connections.