The instructions below have been created to help mount and wire the Hornet 6 LED warning lights from Extreme Tactical Dynamics. These surface mount lights are professional grade lights with high-intensity LED light bulbs. For proper installation and protection of your vehicle’s manufacturer warranty, we recommend the Hornet 6 lights be installed by a certified emergency vehicle technician. If you have any questions or comments about these warning units, please contact our customer service team.
Hornet 6 Mounting Instructions and Tips
- Choose mounting location
- Make sure area chosen has no obstructions or won’t interfere with proper air bag deployment
- Hold Hornet 6 against surface
- Mark mounting holes
- Set light down
- Drill marked mounting holes with appropriate drill bit
- Create a centered hole for wires to pass through
- De-burr holes and remove any metal shaving remnants
- Insert wires through centered hole
- Secure light to surface of vehicle using included hardware
- Move on to wiring instructions (below)
Hornet 6 Wiring Instructions
- Locate Hornet 6’s red and black wires
- Connect red wire to pre-existing switch box
- Connect black wire to ground chassis or negative battery terminal
Hornet 6 Flash Pattern Cycling Instructions
- Follow power instructions
- Tap yellow pattern wire to power wire to choose a flash patterns
Hornet 6 Syncability Instructions
- Connect White Sync wires together.
Please contact Extreme Tactical Dynamics with any troubleshooting issues regarding the mounting or installation of Hornet 6 LED surface mount lights. If customer service is closed, you can try repeating the mounting and installation steps mentioned above while paying special attention to wiring and battery connections.