If you have any questions about the installation process, or the light itself, please feel free to contact our customer service representatives. The LED dual is designed for interior use only and should not be installed on the exterior of a vehicle.
Tools Needed to Install Dash Light
When you order the LED Dual from our online store, you will receive the light, mounting hardware, bracket, and installation wire. For a simple cigarette lighter installation, you may not need any additional tools. If you are going to wire the light to an existing siren box or switch box, you may need the following tools:
- Wire cutters
It’s important to have everything you need gathered before you begin the installation process to ensure it goes smoothly.
LED Dual Emergency Light Installation Instructions:
- Locate attached cigarette lighter plug (attached to cord)
- Connect plug to vehicle adapter
- Install suction cups in mounting bracket
- Install light in appropriate spot
If you hardwire the dash light to an existing switch box, you will need to follow these instructions.
- Remove cigarette lighter plug
- Locate red and black wires
- Red is the hot wire, and black is the ground wire
- Ground black wire to the negative terminal of your battery or a chassis ground.
- Install red wire to switch box
- Follow steps 3 and 4 from the instructions above
Test LED Dual Emergency Light before Installation
Whether you are going to use the cigarette lighter plug or hard wire the unit to a switch box, it’s important to test the LED dual emergency light before beginning the installation process. Plug the unit in via the cigarette lighter plug first, and test the on/off and pattern functions. If you have any issues with LED Dual installation, repeat the installation steps for the method you choose above. If repeating the installation steps does not help, please contact us for further assistance.
Proper Emergency Light Installation is Necessary
According to our Limited Shipping & Warranty policy, it is necessary for emergency lights to be installed properly. We recommend that our LED Dual be installed by an EVT. Improper installation can void your light’s warranty.