It is important to read the following instructions carefully. Improper installation of the multi-function siren can result in severe injuries and equipment failure. We strongly urge you to have the equipment installed by an EVT to minimize any possible risks.
Control Head Installation
The first step in installation is to mount the control head. The keypad is shipped with a U-bracket installed on the back of the unit. To install the bracket, you will need to follow the following instructions first. (If mounting onto a console, skip step 3)
- Remove screws with a Philips screwdriver from the U-bracket. Remove the bracket completely and set the screws aside until step 5.
- Choose a mounting surface. It’s important that no vital components be damaged during the drilling process.
- Position bracket on a surface, make mounting holes using the U-bracket as a guide.
- Drill screws through marked surfaces using hardware provided. Secure bracket to a mounting surface.
- Re-attach control head to the mounted bracket using factory screws. (Screws that were removed in Step 1)
After the control head is installed, it is time to move on to the amplifier. Instruction for mounting the amplifier are listed below.
- Choose a dry spot to install the siren amplifier.
- Mount the amplifier using 4 screws in the appropriate spots.
Amplifier Wiring Instructions
It’s important to wire the amplifier carefully.
- Locate 4-pin wire harness.
- Plug in 4-pin harness into the matching slot on the amplifier
- Extend RED wire to the POSITIVE (+) post on the battery. Fuse wire with 20 amps.
- Extend BLACK wire from the wiring harness to GROUND post on the battery.
- Extend GREEN and WHITE wires from the wiring harness to the siren speaker.
- Locate 2-pin wire harness.
- Extend RED wire from 2-pin wire harness to POSITIVE (+) post on battery. Fuse appropriately.
- Extend BLACK wire from 2-pin wire harness to GROUND post on battery.
Auxiliary Wiring Instructions
- Locate the 9-pin Terminal Block.
- Using a flat head screwdriver, secure the copper portion of the accessory’s POSITIVE wire to the desired port.
- Extend GROUND wire of the siren to the battery GROUND post.
The Multi-Function siren is labeled and functions as an all-in-one unit. All the labels on the back of the power supply (A to H) allow you to control vehicle lighting and equipment. The last port (labeled I) can be used as a momentary button.
- Siren tones wail, yelp, phaser, horn, volume control, and mechanical, are already programmed into the switches. The siren tones cannot be changed or switched. There are three option for the volume control button. To decrease the volume, press on the left side of the button. To increase the volume, press on the right side of the button.
- To change or control flash patterns, you must connect flash pattern wire from the unit to the flash mode outlet on the power supply. The flash mode outlet is labeled “Flash.” Multiple flash pattern wires from multiple lights can be wired to the flash outlet.
- All outlets are rated at 10 amps. Depending on the amperage of the products, it may be possible to wire multiple lights to one outlet.
- After wiring products and gear to the A-H outlets, it is time to connect the controller to the RJ45 port with the RJ45 cable.
- Next, connect the microphone cable to the microphone input on the back of the power supply. Make sure to label each button with the appropriate sticker (stickers are provided with purchase).
Memory Function Application
After all wiring is complete and the unit is mounted, memory functions can be programmed into the control head. There are three memory functions featured on the Multi-Function siren and can be used to control as many memory functions as desired. Instructions for memory function use are listed below.
- Make sure control head is activated and the power is on.
- Select modes and buttons desired to be programmed into memory by pressing each button. If a button is pressed by accident, tap it again to deactivate.
- After selecting the desired options, press and hold the memory button of choice for at least 3 seconds. You will let go of the button as soon as it emits a beep. When you hear the beep, the button is now programmed with memory.
- Repeats step 1 to 3 for other memory buttons.
- If control head is switched off and then reactivated, it will recall the last buttons you programmed. Reoccurrence will only happen once. To prevent it from happening again, press each selected button once and turn them off.
If you have any questions about the installation, wiring, or mounting of this product, or any of our emergency vehicle sirens, please contact our customer service department immediately.