We recommend your Oktag traffic advisor be installed by an emergency vehicle technician (EVT). When choosing an installation location for your emergency light, make sure that the area will not cause any obstructions during operation of your vehicle.
Oktag Traffic Advisor Suction Cup Installation Instructions
- Choose location for traffic advisor
- Install suction cup brackets and suction cups
- Wet suction cups
- Install on interior window
Oktag Traffic Advisor Permanent Mounting Installation Instructions
- Place traffic advisor against surface of vehicle
- Mark drill holes
- Drill mounting holes in marked area
- Drill a centered hole for wire passage
- Carefully de-burr all holes
- Install wires in centered hole
- Mount light with included hardware (do not use other hardware)
Oktag Traffic Advisor Wiring Guide
To power the Oktag traffic advisor, you need to locate the unit’s red, black, and yellow wires. The red wire connects to a positive switch source. The black wire (ground wire) connects to a negative battery terminal or chassis ground. The yellow wire is the flash pattern change wire.
Oktag Traffic Wiring or Installation Troubleshooting Issues
If you have any issues wiring or installing the Oktag traffic advisor, you should repeat the installation and wiring tips mentioned above. It’s important to keep in mind that most troubleshooting issues are eventually traced back to improper wiring or battery connections. If you have any problems, please contact Extreme Tactical Dynamics for further guidance.