Cheap LED Light Bars
Posted by Extreme Tactical Dynamics on Apr 16th 2020
There are thousands of lighting options out there and it can be difficult to determine which options are preferable and which should probably be avoided. So, it’s always a good idea to do your research when looking to buy lighting. This will help to ensure that you definitely get the right type of lighting to suit your needs. Chances are you’ve heard a lot about LED Lighting lately. It’s skyrocketing in popularity and for good reason! Here’s a little more information on the topic that should help you to decide whether LED Lighting and LED Light Bars are ideal for you!
What are LED Lights?
Many claim that LED lights are the future of lighting, especially in the police light bar. They use relatively little energy, can last a very long time and don’t take any time to brighten up when they are switched on - they turn on straight at full capacity. In the past, LED lighting wasn’t really widely available to all of us. They were expensive; in fact, they were much more expensive than other standard options on the market. This left them to be something that only those with a fair amount of disposable income could indulge in. On top of this, LED bulbs used to be noticeably different from standard bulbs in their appearance. Some found them unattractive and struggled to get them to fit in with existing interior design. However, technology in all areas has been rapidly improving over the past couple of decades and lighting hasn’t been left behind. Nowadays, you can get more affordable LED lights and there are a number of designs, including many that look like standard, traditional light bulbs. It’s not all too surprising, then, that many of us are gradually deciding to make the switch from traditional bulbs to LED bulbs.
How Do LED Lights Work?
So, what’s the difference between how traditional bulbs and LED bulbs work? Well, more traditional bulbs produce light by passing electricity through a wire filament (you can see this inside the bulb). However, LED bulbs produce their light by passing electricity through a semiconductor.
What are LED Light Bars?
The clue to LED light bars is in the name. They’re simple LED lights in the shape of a bar. This gives them greater scope, these can be roof mounted, or the very popular cheap emergency visor lights.
Uses for LED Light Bars
An LED light bar can be used in a number of ways. Here are just a few of the most common.
Emergency Vehicle Lights
Perhaps the most common use for LED Light Bars is for Emergency Vehicle Lights. You may have seen these on top of police cars, fire engines, ambulances and other smaller emergency vehicles. The brightness of LED lights - combined with the fact that they immediately hit full power rather than taking time to brighten up - means that they’re perfect for suddenly alerting road users that there’s an emergency vehicle approaching that will need to pass quickly. Having the LED lights shaped into a bar means that light can be spread at 360 degrees, reaching as many eyes as possible while the emergency vehicle is on the roads.
If you off-road in your vehicle, perhaps taking your vehicle out into the country to camp, a small LED light bar can be fitted to light the way better where there aren’t any streetlamps around. They can also be turned on once the vehicle is parked up to allow you to set up tents or other shelter in the dark, or simply provide a light source once the sun sets.
Pros of LED Lighting
There are a huge number of perks that come hand in hand with LED lights and this is why people often feel it’s worth investing a little more in them.
- When you use LED bulbs, you can expect to use around 90% less energy than you would use with a traditional bulb. This reduces bills and is better for the environment!
- When you buy an LED bulb, you can generally rest assured that you’re not going to have to buy another anytime soon. Some LED bulbs can last as long as 25 - 30 years.
- As we mentioned earlier, LED lights hit full power as soon as you flick the switch and turn them on. You don’t need to wait for them to get going.
Cons of LED Lighting
Of course, no product is entirely perfect. So, what are the cons that can come with LED lighting?
- While LED light bulbs and LED Light Bars have significantly reduced in price over time, they are still, generally speaking, the most expensive light bulbs you will find on the market.
- The LED market is self-regulating. When you buy traditional bulbs and see the “CE” mark printed on them, you know that they have been through a number of checks. When you see this mark on LED bulbs, you can’t guarantee that they have definitely been through all relevant checks. This means that if you aren’t a specialist, determining the quality of different LED bulbs can be difficult. This is why you need to use a reliable supplier like us!
- This one isn’t necessarily a con - it depends on your personal preferences. But LED lights do emit a cool, blue-ish light. If you prefer warmer tones, an LED bulb might not be the best option for you.
- If you have dimmer switches, you may need to have them altered in order to be able to dim LED lights. You will need dimmers which recognize and accommodate low electrical loads. Otherwise, when you try to dim your LED light, it will simply flicker.
There really are a number of benefits that come hand in hand with LED lighting and LED Light Bars, and fortunately ETD has plenty of LED light bars for sale. If this type of lighting seems to tick all of your boxes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll be able to help you find the best options for you. Just give us a call on 1-888-893-3308. We’re open from 10am - 10pm EST Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can reach us at any time of the day or night by filling in our contact form!